Speech Viewer for JAWS?

From: Wright, Isaiah <Isaiah.Wright@ally.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 16:33:30 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sorry for the double post - I sent my previous email with the wrong subject line!

NVDA offers a great feature called Speech Viewer which allows you to visually see what the screen reader is saying. Does JAWS have an equivalent to this? Through a google search, I found a thread from 2013 that suggested using JAWS Braille viewer. It looked promising but it only displays the first 40 characters of what is being read.

I am a user experience (UX) researcher and I'm conducting some accessibility testing on our site with real users. It would be great if I could read and save everything that the screen reader is saying. This will help me analyze what users did so that I can make recommendations to our creative teams on things they can change in order to make users' experiences more delightful.

-Isaiah M. Wright