Von: Patrick H. Lauke [mailto:redux@splintered.co.uk]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 31. Januar 2018 00:00
An: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Betreff: Re: Assistive Technology Detection

On 30/01/2018 22:39, Sean Murphy (seanmmur) wrote:
> The point I was making. If someone builds a web site using NodeJS, BootStrap or simular technology. Then accessibility is going to be a major headache for the developers with extra unrequired work to find solutions in relation to accesisbility. Focus must be placed on these type of development tools to have accessibility baked within the tool environment to improve software. As some of the tech articles I have read indicates this is going to become the norm, rather than the exception. Some of the newer tools out there are going to be even less code base focus. Therefore the author (developer) of the web site might not necessarily have deep coding skills.

For clarity, I'd suggest using the term "frameworks" or "libraries" here for Bootstrap and co, rather than "development tools" or "tool environments".

And yes - as most/all of these frameworks/libraries are open source, there's great value in focusing on improving these, in a variety of ways, depending on individual time/skill levels:

- file good issues/bugs, with clear reduced test cases etc., showing where the output of these frameworks/libraries is inaccessible
- suggest how the output could/should look like (i.e. rather than simply stating something doesn't work and needs to be fixed, actually give a clear example of what the output code should actually look like)
- make actual code contributions/pull requests that fix the issue

For my sins, I've been spending some time with Bootstrap over the years.
While not perfect, we've managed to make quite a few changes for the better (and always happy to see any contributions as per the above).

Patrick H. Lauke

www.splintered.co.uk | https://github.com/patrickhlauke http://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | http://redux.deviantart.com