Re: Assistive Technology Detection

On 30/01/18 10:27, Sean Murphy (seanmmur) wrote:
> To many development tools do not have accessibility built into them.
> Many discussions over the years have been focused on this with very
> little change. If the tools do not include accessibility in their UI,
> then you have problems regardless of the design and intention of the
> organisation.

My impression is that most organisations don't start out trying to
design accessible web sites, so the selection criteria for tools will
not include accessibility.  Accessibility tends to get added when
circumstance require it, e.g. when a new customer for an HTML based
product employs a blind person (I've seen that one happen).

> The concept I used, if you design the best house and build a substandard
> foundation. Then your fantastic house will have some serious structural
> problems. UX designers do get the concept. Developers get the concept.

There are legally enforced building regulations that try to ensure that
houses are built soundly.  They probably came about because many
builders didn't build soundly!