Re: responsive design and breakpoints and layout changes

On 01/04/2018 05:12 PM, Michael A. Peters wrote:
> On 01/04/2018 02:07 PM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
>> On 04/01/2018 21:41, Phill Jenkins wrote:
>>> I agree it honestly seems like responsive design is the wild wild west
>>> where for many developers, all that matters is that it works for their
>>> eyes on the devices they happen to own - like guidelines and training
>>> are going to fix that . . .
>>
>> As for the developer bashing bit, maybe also consider that these
>> developers were aiming to ensure content fits/adapts to whatever the
>> user's browser/viewport width is, rather than forcing the user to scroll
>> horizontally and vertically. So not so much a "they don't care/it's the
>> wild west", but rather "their aim works for certain users, but doesn't
>> work for me/match my preference".

> Using device width they can make sure it doesn't scroll except when the
> user chooses to zoom in past the device width.

The more I think about this the more I think it is on the client to
provide a means for those of us who want to keep CSS px width static
when we zoom to do so.

Maybe a FireFox extension could (or does ??) provide this?

That would solve the problem.