From: ALAN SMITH [mailto:alands289@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 20 June 2018 10:12 AM
To: Michellanne Li <li@palantir.net>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Invision app and accessibility

Michellanne Li,

I was expecting any of the other folks on this email chain to reply to you.

Since no one has yet, I’ll start the conversation.

I’m not familiar with Invision. It looks like a tool for mobile app development.

Are you looking for how to use a screen reader, or how to use it specifically with Invision.

I’ve been testing web and mobile for accessibility with JAWS, NVDA for PCs, and VoiceOver and Talkback for Android for over 5 years.

Screen readers are easy to get started with and I can offer you some assistance with that. I have created a document on how to start using JAWS and NVDA for testing.
It is very easy and only requires learning and using some simple key commands (less than 5 keyboard commands). You don’t need to know how to use all that a non-visual users needs know or all that the screen reader can do. You simply need to know how to test your web or app if it is coded correctly. My testing methodology is very simple and I confirmed it is accurate with upper management at Freedom Scientific the makers of JAWS at the 2017 CSUN conference.

If that is your need, please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Alan Smith