Auto and edit combo box status of ARIA pattern

From: Sean Murphy (seanmmur) <seanmmur@cisco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2017 00:55:54 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I am just wondering what the status of the ARIA pattern for Auto/Edit combo boxes is currently?

Question, shouldn't this be a default wegit of a browser simular to select, edit, radio button, ETC. AS I would have thought it would save a lot of work for the devs. There are a couple of other wigets which I feel should be a default element of a browser as well.