Re: [breadcrumbs] best practice

fwiw, I agree with Harry. I think we too often “reduce” a11y to
screen-readers. For the vast majority of users such link does not
convey “current
page”. It is just a clickable/actionable link that some users will click
on… Or at least wonder what it is for since - by definition - a link is
supposed to take users somewhere (to a different page or to somewhere in
that same page).

—
Thierry