RE: tab vs. arrow keys with NVDA and Firefox

I'm more used to seeing this kind of row of links contained in an unordered list. NVDA will read the links out separately that way. Also, I would not use a paragraph element for anything other than a paragraph of text. The non-semantic container (div) that's already there is more appropriate, and can be styled as needed.

From: Anton Bolfing [mailto:anton.bolfing@access-for-all.ch]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2017 3:19 AM
To: 'Schafer, Carmen' <schafercg@missouri.edu>; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: AW: tab vs. arrow keys with NVDA and Firefox

Hi all

We found, that this behaviour of NVDA on horizontal lists is due to the display property set to inline or inline block. If the list items are set to display: block; (with float: left; to keep it horizontal ) NVDA will announce each list item separately when navigating them using arrow keys. As expected.

Regards

Anton