From: Jim Homme <jhomme@benderconsult.com>
Sent: 23 October 2017 16:22
To: Schafer, Carmen; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: tab vs. arrow keys with NVDA and Firefox

Hi,
This does not answer your question, but the user needs to be able to read all of the content on the page. This means that most of the time they will arrive at the buttons by arrowing onto them. Second, NVDA is probably looking for a true control, such as what you would get with a button tag or an input control. Without knowing what your page is like, I am guessing that you have a span or div with a button role, and this is what is causing the problem.

Thanks.

Jim

Jim Homme,
Team Lead and Accessibility Consultant,