From: Jonathan Katz [mailto:jonathanpkatz@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:24 PM
To: Katie Haritos-Shea <ryladog@gmail.com>
Cc: chagnon@pubcom.com; WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Re: PowerPoint "groups" alt text not seen by screen reader

I've been doing the same thing. I usually try to also write out a description of the group in the slide itself.

-Jonathan Paul Katz
 jonathanpkatz@gmail.com<mailto:jonathanpkatz@gmail.com>

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 10:53 PM, Katie Haritos-Shea <ryladog@gmail.com<mailto:ryladog@gmail.com>> wrote:
Brian,

I found the same thing, grouping alone doesn't work. I insert all the images I want in a group. Then I 'save as' that grouped image as a single image as a PNG (back into my images folder) - and then, re-insert that image back onto the slide. Then I apply the alt text to that.

Katie Haritos-Shea
703-371-5545<tel:(703)%20371-5545>