Re: Negative numbers

From: Bart Simons <bart.simons@anysurfer.be>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 10:35:17 +0200
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Op 4/10/2017 15:08, Subramanian, Poornima (PCL) schreef:
> > To my understanding, aria-label can be used along with the tags span,
 > div, a, button, and also with aria-roles.

It can be used, but the question is whether it makes sense to label
something that has no role?

 > When using "aria-label", few of the screen readers would ignore
 > the actual link or button text. It is best to describe the link or
 > button in the "aria-label" text itself.

My preference would be to describe the link or button in the actual link
or button text and use aria-label only in very rare cases where there is
no HTML alternative

The question is not "does it work in a screenreader" but "does the text
of an aria-label on a span-element end up in the accessibility tree"?

Bart Simons