Re: Varied answers Re: Color Contrast (Minimum) Level AA requirement for "Photography" image

I don’t think that this was pointed out but in the definition of “image of text” there is an indication that the image you showed as an example is not an image of text, but an image of a brochure that happens to have some text along with other content.

The definition of "image of text”:
"text that has been rendered in a non-text form (e.g., an image) in order to achieve a particular visual effect
"This does not include text that is part of a picture that contains significant other visual content.
"A person's name on a nametag in a photograph."

As a result, I agree that there should be equivalent alternative text available for the image and having text on the page that provides the same information is needed if the user is expected to take action based on the content of that text.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility