Re: Do web-based applications need to be wcag compliant?

Hi Mehrnaz,

I might be mistaking your question / concern, but my understanding is that
AODA follows WCAG 2.0 level AA. According to AODA, all internal facing
content (web, digital and print) for Ontario government and private
corporations has to be compliant by 2020 and all public facing has to be
compliant by 2016! Yes, Jan 2016 was the goal, but still in progress.

I would suggest being Inclusive and accessible as much as possible. After
all AODA is the law, but being mindful of all and creating full accessible
content is Inclusion and human center design.

Cheers

--

----- Digital Signature -----

*Mohsen Mahjoobnia, *Accessible Home Consultant

MDes, Inclusive Design, OCAD University

*RE**/**MAX* *Ultimate* *Realty Inc. Brokerage,*

1739 Bayview Ave.| Toronto, ON M6J

Cell: +1-647-460-7009

ca.linkedin.com/in/moisenm/
Explorers Club <http://www.explorersclub.ca/> Member MI 2016
[image: explorers club of Canada] <http://www.explorersclub.ca/pages/>

The information contained in and transmitted with this e-mail is privileged
and confidential; intended only for the recipient(s)  specified.