Re: Do web-based applications need to be wcag compliant?

From: David Woolley <forums@david-woolley.me.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2017 15:39:16 +0100
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
On 20/09/17 14:10, Mehrnaz Ahmadi wrote:

> To help my company to be wcag compliant, I came across this question a lot.
> My understanding is that web-based applications need to be compliant. Is
> that true?
> Do I need to contact a lawyer for this question?

You need to contact a lawyer, as the answer is likely to vary from
country to country.  In many countries the legislation may require
accessibility but not name WCAG.

Typically, though, if you are providing a public service, and the web
application is the only way of doing so, it will need to be accessible
to anyone who might reasonably want to use that service.