Re: ARIA menubar with Mac voiceOver screen reader

From: Taliesin Smith <talilief@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 10:47:15 -0230
Cc: WAI IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: Lars Holm Sørensen <lhs@diversa.dk>
Hi Lars,

What part of the example is not working for you? Are you using Voice Over with Safari, or some other browser?

The recommended keyboard interactions are working for me.

I do hear some semantics about being on a “menu", and or on a "menu item". I get “menu” when arrowing through the top-level items. I got “menu item” only once when I landed on the first top-level item. Not sure if VO is suppose to repeat the roles of each item and child item. Perhaps this depends on one's VO verbosity settings.

Taliesin