upgrading standard browsers UI

From: Sean Murphy (seanmmur) <seanmmur@cisco.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2017 05:21:58 +0000
To: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
All,

This is a long shot and just a thought. Does anyone know if W3C standards or the browser vendors are going to expand the current default UI elements from the current one's? My thinking is including a  menu, treeview, slider, toolbar, etc.?

I know these are available via third-party libraries. But Just wondering if this could be a direction for w3c/vendors to include them, to simplify the accessibility of these more complex UI elements. I suppose the HTML 5 standard would have to be updated first to make them a part of the core standard. Any thoughts?

[https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/m/en_us/signaturetool/images/banners/standard/08_standard_graphic.png]

Sean Murphy
ENGINEER.CUSTOMER SUPPORT
seanmmur@cisco.com<mailto:seanmmur@cisco.com>