What exactly will trigger a screen reader buffer update?

From: Lars Holm Sørensen <lhs@diversa.dk>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 09:41:38 +0200
To: "'WAI IG'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi clever people :)

Can anyone tell me exactly what will trigger an update of the screen reader
buffer, when new content is dynamically added to a webpage?

I do not want the screen reader to automatically start reading the new
content.

Is aria-live=”off” the right way to go in this case?

Are there other methods that will make the screen reader buffer update?

When searching the internet I only find rather old information on this
subject.

Best regards:

Lars Holm Sørensen

De bedste hilsner

Lars Holm Sørensen

Diversa ApS

Tlf: 25 21 17 41

www.Diversa.dk <http://www.diversa.dk/>

Udelukker du 10% - 20% af brugerne fra din hjemmeside? Se videoen!
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM9lgzNBvZA>

 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM9lgzNBvZA>

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)