FW: program announced for W3C Publishing Summit (Nov 9-10 SF, during TPAC week)

From: Bill McCoy [mailto:bmccoy@w3.org]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 11:26 AM
To: 'W3C Publishing Working Group' <public-publ-wg@w3.org>; public-epub3@w3.org; public-publishingbg@w3.org; 'W3C Digital Publishing IG' <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Cc: 'Ivan Herman' <ivan@w3.org>; 'Karen Myers' <karen@w3.org>; 'Alan Bird' <alan.bird@w3.org>; 'Jeff Jaffe' <jeff@w3.org>
Subject: program announced for W3C Publishing Summit (Nov 9-10 SF, during TPAC week)

Dear Publishing@W3C community members,

I’m very happy to announce that the preliminary program for the inaugural W3C Publishing Summit (Nov 9-10, co-located with TPAC in San Francisco area) is now live at https://www.w3.org/publishing/events/summit2017.html .  We have Tim O’Reilly and Adobe CTO Abhay Parasnis as keynoters as well as many other amazing speakers and sessions (and just a few more are in the process of squeezed in). For more about the program see blog post at: https://www.w3.org/blog/2017/08/program-for-w3c-publishing-summit-announced/ and press release at https://www.w3.org/2017/08/media-advisory-publishing-summit-2017-program.html.en .

I hope you will join in what should be a seminal conference, which will dovetail with a Publishing Business Group meeting on Friday afternoon Nov 10, as well as Publishing Working Group meetings on Monday and Tuesday. And since the Publishing Summit is targeted for a broader audience, including both technical and business/strategy folks, please promote to your colleagues and others…  it’s definitely not just for “standardistas”! 😉

W3C members, including TPI (aka former IDPF) members and Business Group participants, can take advantage of two levels of discount for the event.
For employees and contractors of W3C members who are NOT attending other TPAC events (except potentially the PBG meeting Friday afternoon), please share the code w3cpubonly

-          – this reduces the early-bird registration fee from $399 to $299, a fantastic deal given the business value this conference will deliver to attendees
-          For anyone registering for other days of TPAC the ludicrously low rate of $199 (early-bird) is available, that discount code is available in the TPAC registration form
Early-bird rates are good through Oct 6 but capacity it limited so don’t wait – register now to secure your seat. Direct registration link: https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=2012308

I want to acknowledge and thank the significant and thoughtful work on the part of the program committee that drove the definition of the event and its program: Bill Kasdorf (chair), who performed heroic labors, as well as Luc Audrain, Paul Belfanti, Juli Calderazi, Dave Cramer, Leslie Hulse, George Kerscher, Liisa McCloy-Kelley, Cristina Mussinelli, Leonard Rosenthol, Tzviya Siegman, and Mateus Teixeira. Thanks as well to everyone who volunteered (or was volunteered) to speak. I think it’s going to be dynamite program that will help expand the Publishing@W3C community and deepen the Web+Publishing synergy that’s already starting to blossom.

It would be much appreciated if you could promote the event in your organization and to colleagues via your social media channels. If you are involved in an association or other organization outside W3C, please note that we are doing some partner arrangements to extend a 10% discount with them – if of interest, please contact me to discuss. As well we are hoping to recruit additional sponsors for the Publishing Summit as well as other “W3C Week” events. More information on that is available at: https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/Sponsorships and you can contact me or Alan about that.

Last but not least I want to acknowledge the generous sponsors who are already on board for the W3C Publishing Summit : SPi Global, Ingram VitalSource, and Apex.

Thanks!

--Bill

Bill McCoy
Publishing Champion, W3C