RE: non-landmark forms

Please be aware that you can use an HTML <form> without an aria role=”form” and this area will still be a Form region which is also translated “landmark”.

Therefore, it can be without an explicit ARIA form role attribute and it would still be a region or landmark form.

Alan Smith

From: Jonathan Avila
Sent: Wednesday, August 2, 2017 10:16 AM
To: Taliesin Smith; tink@tink.uk
Cc: Tobias Bengfort; WAI IG
Subject: RE: non-landmark forms

➢ In Tobias’s case using the form element without an explicit aria-labelledby attribute, or without an explicit aria form role attribute, would keep the form as a non-landmark form?

That is correct.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
Level Access, inc. (formerly SSB BART Group, inc.)
(703) 637-8957
Jon.avila@levelaccess.com
Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Blog
Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.