RE: WCAG 2.1.3 Date Picker

> Entering a date directly certainly enhances accessibility. However, knowing the correct format for a given site is important, and not always easily ascertained.

I would also add that it depends on the purpose of the date field.  For example, if the task was to enter an appointment that is the 3rd Thursday of the November this could not be done and I'd argue that the datepicker provides additional information beyond simply entering the date but also determining which day of the week something is on -- which depending on the task can be absolutely critical.  Without having access to the date picker would require the user to have access to another calendar outside of the website.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
Level Access, inc. (formerly SSB BART Group, inc.)
jon.avila@levelaccess.com
703.637.8957 (Office)
Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn | Blog
Looking to boost your accessibility knowledge? Check out our free webinars!

The information contained in this transmission may be attorney privileged and/or confidential information intended for the use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.