Re: colour contrast for custom radio button widget

The radio button needs to be visible to people with low vision so yes. If the button is in HTML, I believe there are CSS controls that can change the appearance of the background and border as needed.

Also, it’s also important that any :hover effects also work in the :focus state on a keyboard.  I would also be cautious of any changes of a button appearance to a toggle. They don’t always translate well to screen readers and keyboards.

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth

> On Jul 13, 2017, at 9:09 AM, SALES, TERRY LYNN <TERRYLYNN.SALES@cbp.dhs.gov> wrote:
>
> Agree!