Re: Input Control and Buttons Focus Contrast

From: Glenda Sims <glenda.sims@deque.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:55:56 -0600
To: ashraf aleem <ashraf.aleem@gmail.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

The Techniques are non-normative (which means they are not requirements).
There are currently no objective color contrast requirements in WCAG 2.0
for input control and button focus.

But, we are drafting a proposed SC for WCAG 2.1.  It has been drafted and
will soon be getting input from the current AG working group...then
hopefully it will make the cut for a public review in the First Public
Working Draft (FPWD) of WCAG 2.1.

If you are curious, you can go see what has been drafted so far at

User Interface Component Contrast (Minimum)

I'll repeat for clarity, this is an early draft proposal for a potential
new success criterion for WCAG 2.1.  This is not a formal requirement yet.
But it is interesting to see the direction we might be able to go with this.

glenda sims    |   team a11y lead   |    deque.com    |    512.963.3773

*web for everyone. web on everything.* -  w3 goals

On Wed, Feb 15, 2017 at 11:23 PM, ashraf aleem <ashraf.aleem@gmail.com>