Re: Accessible twitter feed

I hear you, Micheal. I have the same thoughts about Twitter feed. I will raise this issue with my UX team to see if we can avoid embedded feeds.

Thanks,
Nimisha

From: Michael A. Peters <mpeters@domblogger.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2017 6:05 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Accessible twitter feed

On 02/15/2017 03:34 PM, Sean Murphy (seanmmur) wrote:
> Hi,
>

> As a screen reader user I don’t like Twitter feeds at all when you have
> to navigate through them to get somewhere else on the page. Most feeds I
> come across store them in an iframe. I would prefer to be able to hide
> or unhide the iframe. It just removes a lot of clutter on the page.
> Otherwise providing the ability of skipping the feeds.

off-topic but I very often can not see twitter feeds because I block
third party resources that send tracking cookies, and twitter feeds
embedded in web pages often do.

Personally if I want to see someone's twitter feed, I will click on the
link they provide to their actual twitter account. I don't need or want
it embedded in the web page I am viewing, it is just visualize noise -
when it even displays at all (which is usually only after I have cleared
all cookies the browser has been storing)