Re: X-UA-Compatible meta tag and Assistive Technologies

Thank you, Adam and Léonie!

I think it's the IE 11 having issues with Compatibility mode. Some of the
stone-age applications I am working on are set to run in IE 7 mode in the
intranet and using Aria-attributes in them breaks the JQuery and stops the
keyboard interaction as well. I do not have a sample page that I can share
with you. But, I found similar differences in another page to show you an
example:

The page from Ryerson uni's Aria demo page (link follows) works has
keyboard interaction issues in IE 11. The left and right arrow keys does
not move the focus to next tab. But, when it runs in IE 10 compatibility
mode, it works fine.

https://de.ryerson.ca/wa/aria/jquery/tabpanels.html#?1486076256967#goto_tabs

My worry is I can force IE to load the application in the mode that does
not break the application behavior. But, I am also worried if this might
cause any other issues to AT users.

As per Léonie's statement, I also found there are differences in the focus
order due to the unclosed tags. Time to revalidate the code.

Thanks and Regards,
Herin