RE: example of accessible captcha?

Hi sean,
I personally dislike the text message idea for two reasons.
first, you must provide your cell number, which if the site in question
becomes compromised  creates issues.
second and most important though that method assumes that both a phone  is
available, and a phone with easy to access text messaging.
I knew someone experiencing sight loss who got kicked out of the low cost
American cell phone  program because their provider called assurance
wireless  used  text messages to contact members.  The phone provided in the program had no accessible features so...they lost their service because
they could not  read the screen.
I believe Google is behind recaptcha.  If they no longer encourage the
visual captcha, then recaptcha should not create as much.
I agree totally with you about the audio editions of the challenges for
many reasons.  those are a poor solution  in my experiences as well.
Kare