Re: example of accessible captcha?

From: Paul J. Adam <paul.adam@deque.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 16:48:39 -0600
Cc: Adam Powell <adam@adaminfinitum.com>, David Best <davebest@cogeco.ca>, Karen Lewellen <klewellen@shellworld.net>, WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
To: accessys@smart.net
I would have to agree that the question "A Dime & A Nickel Gives How Many Pennies?" is a bit confusing from a cognitive accessibility/usability/internationalization standpoint.

I use a reverse Honeypot checkbox on my contact form, http://pauljadam.com/contact.php <http://pauljadam.com/contact.php>

The user must uncheck this checkbox to submit the form, "I am a Robot. Uncheck this if you're Human."

If they forget there will be an error message:

"Errors In Form:

You left the "I am a Robot" checkbox checked and the message will only send for Humans."

I do get spam but it’s from humans about SEO junk so they’re manually filling out the form and submitting.

I used to have a CAPTCHA question that said "Is Fire Hot or Cold?" which seems like a simple question to answer for any user.

Just another idea I wanted to throw out there.

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist

>>> Thanks,
>>> Karen