Re: example of accessible captcha?

Hi All,

This page has one on a contact form I created:

http://abacusadvertising.com/contact/

It's similar to the examples above in that it uses logic and text but I
have given it my own twist in that I use a question about coin
denominations.

I wouldn't use that exact example on sites I expected would get
international traffic, "dime" is probably not clear to non-native speakers.
In those cases I usually use something like "thirteen if you take away six"
or "19 minus twelve leaves"

I used a WordPress plugin called Ninja Forms and one of the things I really
like is when you add an "anti-spam" field to a form, it allows the form
author to create any question they want and then provide any correct answer
they want so it gives a lot of flexibility in making language/logic based
captchas. You could use it to implement any of the techniques on this
thread.

That form also has a honeypot (field that's hidden with CSS or JS) which is
a great way to fight spam. It has a label telling users not to fill it in
so it should be accessible as well.

That combination is really effective at fighting spam but doesn't seem to
cause people problems.

Hope that helps.
​Adam Powell
http://www.adaminfinitum.com​