Re: preferences on link explanations, etc?

From: Shivaji Kumar <kumar140ster@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 21:09:06 -0600
To: Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi Rich,

Sorry for this delay, here's my take:

We can certainly implement hovers (an attractive and efficient way to
make extra information available to users), but a major constraint
with hovers is that they do not lend themselves easily to responsive
computing. So if you think your users are going to be primarily
desktop/laptop users, then it is fine. However, if your users are
going to be mainly mobile/touchscreen/tab-based, then hovers appear
not to offer good options. Mobile technologies have not yet reached a
point where they can replicate hover-related actions on smaller
And we are not talking about accessibility yet

I look forward to others' take on this.