Re: WCAG 2.4.6 query in relation to headers within frames.

Hi Sean,

My understanding is - Headings are not mandatory requirements for WCAG. If
headings are present they should convey the structure of content in the
page. WCAG does not prohibit using multiple H1s. I personally do not prefer
multiple H1s. But, if any page needs multiple headings, & as long as the
Outline of the page clearly conveys the information and relationship, it's
not a failure.

If there are multiple articles displayed on the same page and each has it's
own heading and importance, multiple H1should be fine.

Also an interesting read I found here
https://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/the-truth-about-multiple-h1-tags-in-the-html5-era--webdesign-16824

Would like to know others interpretation of 2.4.6 as well.

Regards,
Herin