From: Gregg C Vanderheiden
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:27 PM
To: Kiran
Cc: IG - WAI Interest Group List list
Subject: Re: Resize text: how to ensure success criteria WCAG 1.4.4

either is sufficient

look at “how to meet”  and “understanding”  documents for that SC

Gregg C Vanderheiden
greggvan@umd.edu

  On May 17, 2017, at 11:15 AM, Kiran <kiranph@gmail.com> wrote:

  Hey All,

  I was discussing resize text 1.4.4 success criteria with my colleague and we had a couple of disagreements for the expectation of this criteria.

  Could someone clarify the expectations on this, please?

  So my understanding was 1.4.4 success criteria considered as "Pass" when both Zoom and Resizing Text up to 200% scale (  Zoom Text only) looks good and readable with no content cut off or overlapping issue.

  However as per my colleague Zoom is the only requirement to satisfy this criterion and we should not worry scaling of 200% (text only feature).

  What are the correct requirements to pass WCAG 2.0 1.4.4? Appreciate your clarification and suggestions.

  thanks!