Re: Screen Readers | Rate = Words Per Minute

On 11/05/2017 19:42, Wright, Isaiah wrote:

> This is great Christophe. If I understand the formulas correctly –
> then the fastest rate (100%) for NVDA using eSpeak is 310 WPM (of
> course, that is you are not using the rate boost check box)?

I ignored rateboost (which only applies to eSpeak, as far as I know).
Also, when I was looking for conversion formulas, I found different
values for eSpeak's minRate and maxRate. One document said 80 and 390,
respectively, while another said 80 and 450, respectively. With the
first set of values, you reach 310 wpm when the NVDA rate is set to 75.
I can send a spreaksheet (ODF format) off-list if you like.

Best regards,

Christophe