Re: Web accessibility for people with dyslexia

Dear Juliette

Common consensus is that one builds a website to be as universally
accessible as possible - i.e.,  follow WCAG...

However,  there may be occasions when one should create a bespoke site,
 e.g. for a school for dyslexic children.

The site can then be tailored to deal specifically with issues they face,
 for example:
1. Sea of white
2. Adapting background/ foreground colours to suit -- e.g. I discovered
many years ago that some people with dyslexia preferred dark text (red) on
dark background (purple) (could have been the other way around), and that
Comic sans was preferred over Arial, Times by most of the people with
dyslexia I had interviewed...

To the best of my knowledge there are no definitive guidelines for
developing sites for people with dyslexia so you may have to  spend time
doing user research if this site became a genuine project.

Kindest regards
Harry