Re: simple language subtag

Hi Tobias,

a few years ago now, I wrote an extension to take advantage of pages using the markup for alternate versions in "other" languages described in HTML.

The extension itself - https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/swaplang/ - only works in Opera 12, which you possibly don't use, but it shows a user interface and it works.

The code is still available - https://bitbucket.org/chaals/swaplang/src - and while it isn't exactly brilliant, I think it is also reasonably simple and could be adapted into a modern browser extension fairly simply.

You may also be able to set a language preference directly in a browser, depending on how easy or hard it is to set that preference in your own browser.

cheers

chaals

--
Charles McCathie Nevile - standards - Yandex