From: Phill Jenkins [mailto:pjenkins@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2016 10:57 AM
To: Ludovic GIAMBIASI
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Print Accessibility ... from Web Accessibility

Ludo,
most folks refer to the work published by Lighthouse International

Accessible Print Design
http://li129-107.members.linode.com/accessibility/design/accessible-print-design/

[Screen shot of web page]
"Accessible Print" guidelines would be different than accessible electronic documents, and different from accessible web content, the latter two being digital (also known as electronic) and able to be rendered and printed by the browser in ways that the user chooses, while printed documents (e.g. materials) are just that, printed.  Once printed, the user has few choices in transforming the content.  CCTV and other assistive technologies do not change the printed materials.

Are you working on guidelines for accessible electronic documents that can be printed, where the user as access to the electronic document, as opposed to accessible print guidelines, where the user only has the printed document?
Regards,
Phill Jenkins
pjenkins@us.ibm.com<mailto:pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Senior Engineer & Accessibility Executive
IBM Research Accessibility
ibm.com/able<http://www.ibm.com/able>
facebook.com/IBMAccessibility<http://www.facebook.com/IBMAccessibility>
twitter.com/IBMAccess<http://twitter.com/IBMAccess>