Re: Print Accessibility ... from Web Accessibility

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:56:30 +0000
To: Ludovic GIAMBIASI <ludovic.giambiasi@gmail.com>
Cc: "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
most folks refer to the work published by Lighthouse International

Accessible Print Design

"Accessible Print" guidelines would be different than accessible
electronic documents, and different from accessible web content, the
latter two being digital (also known as electronic) and able to be
rendered and printed by the browser in ways that the user chooses, while
printed documents (e.g. materials) are just that, printed.  Once printed,
the user has few choices in transforming the content.  CCTV and other
assistive technologies do not change the printed materials.

Are you working on guidelines for accessible electronic documents that can
be printed, where the user as access to the electronic document, as
opposed to accessible print guidelines, where the user only has the
printed document?
Phill Jenkins
Senior Engineer & Accessibility Executive
IBM Research Accessibility