Re: How 1.4.4 Resize text applies when mobile templates kick in

On 09/11/2016 01:01, Sean Murphy (seanmmur) wrote:
> What about those users who cannot use the browser size
> functionality and rely on a magnification software? Shouldn’t the
> standard include them as well to make sure the page renders correctly in
> their software?

Purely from a text size/resizing point of view, there is nothing (unless
I'm missing something) that an author can do to directly influence
whether or not their content works (for whatever definition of "works")
with magnification software that sits on top of the browser/OS. (Of
course other factors beyond text sizing are within their power to
influence / do right, such as ensuring that focus is moved
programmatically when needed, which should result in magnification
software recentering on the new focus location, using ARIA correctly,
for magnifiers that also provide screen reading functionality, etc)

Patrick H. Lauke