Re: courses for designers and developers.

Greetings all,

Yesterday, Nov 7th, the White House hosted their final Disability and
Inclusive Technology Summit and live streamed the discussion. One of the
panels was led by Larry Goldberg and featured two researchers who were
working with the new TeachAccess initiative to encourage the integration of
accessibility and inclusive design thinking in college curricula across
disciplines to include designers, developers, programmers, engineers, human
factors, psychology and more. Research and active programs were presented
by Bruce Walker <http://www.cc.gatech.edu/people/bruce-walker> from Georgia
Tech and Matt Huenerfauth <http://huenerfauth.ist.rit.edu/> from Rochester
Institute of Technology.

In my view there is nothing more important than this kind of integration
into standard university courses across the board. TeachAccess is quite
open and encourages participation from around the globe. You can learn more
at http://teachaccess.org.

Best,
Sharron

--
Sharron Rush | Executive Director | Knowbility.org | @knowbility
*Equal access to technology for people with disabilities*