De: Bryan Garaventa [mailto:bryan.garaventa@ssbbartgroup.com]
Enviado el: sábado, 17 de septiembre de 2016 21:11
Para: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
CC: HTML Accessibility Task Force
Asunto: "For Engineers: A Self-Paced Training Roadmap for Learning ARIA"

Hello,
I've published the following article that may be of help.
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/engineers-self-paced-training-roadmap-learnin
g-aria-bryan-garaventa

Introduction

I've been doing a lot of training lately for engineers, and have built a
self-paced training program that provides a comprehensive roadmap for any
engineer familiar with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS to learn how to understand
and utilize ARIA correctly within development. No prior knowledge of ARIA is
required in advance.

This roadmap combines three different modes of learning, which I've
discovered to be the most affective in teaching the use of ARIA to
engineers.

1. Material Study: Comprehensive and progressive documentation explaining
ARIA from beginning to end.
2. Experiential Learning: The ability to observe ARIA usage in action and
during the development and experimentation process.
constructs with provably accessible ones in order to confirm that these
concepts are being learned properly.

This will make it possible for any present day engineer or engineering
student to better understand the accessible use of ARIA including core
concepts and working examples to validate these understandings, and to do so
at their own pace of learning.

There is no such thing as an 'easy road to ARIA'.

ARIA is a complicated and deeply rooted technology, and it requires
comprehensive study, experimentation, and usage to properly understand. This
takes time and effort to achieve, as is true with the development of any new
skill set.

This ARIA roadmap will help any engineer to do so at their own pace of
learning, as long as they have the desire to do so.

All the best,
Bryan

Bryan Garaventa
Accessibility Fellow