RE: Implicit labels

Paul,

The problem use to be with earlier versions of IE that it would include the “value” attribute content of input[type=text’} elements as part of the label.

Jon

From: Paul J. Adam [mailto:paul.adam@deque.com]
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2016 11:17 AM
To: Balusani, Shirisha <sirib@uillinois.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Implicit labels

I would say that’s outdated information. I don’t know of any screen readers that don’t support wrapped labels.

Maybe there’s a bug with Dragon but it should be fixed if so.

Paul J. Adam
Accessibility Evangelist
www.deque.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.deque.com&d=CwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=bZujjczVTYPMSQ4uugSQLQ&m=Tb7Gx4_MxO2jLwaskU5BNU0kKtUSf3wirlzih8x5qU4&s=1i66ymuh0HuXuK8QN9UaDnlJHl-HyiaQdraHApypxBs&e=>