Re: Color contrast (Minimum)

From: Elizabeth Pyatt <ejp10@psu.edu>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 15:20:01 -0400
To: "Ta, Duc" <duc.ta.740@my.csun.edu>, IG - WAI Interest Group List list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
So what were the original color values for the reds?

I’m trying to understand how the contrast algorithm is effected when the example becomes black and white.
If it’s a luminosity scale (i.e. values only are measured), then theoretically shifting or removing the hue should not matter. If it does, there is an issue that needs to be investigated.

Hope this makes sense.

> On Aug 16, 2016, at 3:06 PM, Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com> wrote:
> From: "Ta, Duc" <duc.ta.740@my.csun.edu>
> Date: Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 13:53
> To: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
> Cc: WAI-IG <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
> Subject: Re: Color contrast (Minimum)
> The actual color is dark red background and the text is red. However, when I check black and white mode, it turns out to be that so i am not sure whether I should consider it as a failure or I will say it is decent and move on.
> Best,
> Duc Ta

Elizabeth J. Pyatt, Ph.D.
Instructional Designer