From: Rich Morin [mailto:rdm@cfcl.com]
Sent: Thursday, 4 August 2016 1:29 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Using WAI-ARIA for code folding?

I have been experimenting with ways to present computer source code, using HTML markup.  One of the things I'd like to support is code folding (selectively hiding and showing sets of lines, based on the hierarchical structure of the code):

  http://wiki.cfcl.com/Projects/AxAp/Code_Mocks

It seems like WAI-ARIA attributes could be used for this, as in:

 Example 41 - Treeview
 http://oaa-accessibility.org/example/41/

However, it isn't a very close match to my use case.  Given that someone else may have done work in this area, I thought I should ask for help.  Any suggestions before I start hacking?

-r

--
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm           Rich Morin           rdm@cfcl.com
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm/resume    San Bruno, CA, USA   +1 650-873-7841

Software system design, development, and documentation