From: Userite [mailto:richard@userite.com]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2016 2:17 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Labels and place-holders in form inputs

I have an application that uses “placeholder” text inside a forms input field to tell the user what is required. This helps the form to be displayed well on a small screen such as a mobile phone. However I still need to include the <label> element (hidden via CSS) to comply with WCAG and ensure that *all* screen reader users can always know what is required.  My problem is that some screen-readers read both the <label> and the placeholder.
Any suggestions or comments warmly welcomes
Richard
www.userite.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.userite.com&d=CwMFaQ&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=EhgtAr-7y25WVGwZobPhGolLR2NavIIU7ohWiAWE3HA&m=fgzvh3v8TsBZArGu9QQSLKoW6dvt6K4h5HSxuG6veKU&s=76DSSbMtC5bIDgOqeJgyT4b7tLaWeFLOPXTaNwiYm7I&e=>