Re: Handling Tab Strips On The Web

Dear all,

I totally agree that role=application should not be used and the design
pattern should be followed.
But I can also understand Jim's confusion because the examples provided
under the design pattern *are* using role=application.
Can we please get rid of these Open Ajax Alliance examples in the ARIA
documentation. They use role=application and thus are not an example of
what is explained above.

Instead, we always refer developers to this jQuery Accessible tab panel
system:
http://a11y.nicolas-hoffmann.net/tabs/
It is created and maintained on Github by a wonderful developer called
Nicolas Hoffmann

Kind regards

--
Bart Simons
AnySurfer, towards an accessible internet