Re: Strategies sighted web developers have come up with...

From: Mark Weiler <mweiler@alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 21:11:31 +0000 (UTC)
To: "deborah.kaplan@suberic.net" <deborah.kaplan@suberic.net>
Cc: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Absolutely!

    On Friday, July 8, 2016 3:18 PM, "deborah.kaplan@suberic.net" <deborah.kaplan@suberic.net> wrote:

 On Fri, 8 Jul 2016, Mark Weiler wrote:

> I'm curious about the range of strategies sighted web developers have come up with to verify that what they are creating actually works well with assistive technologies.

I assume you are equally curious about the range of strategies all non-disabled developers have come up with to verify that what they are creating actually works well with assistive technologies -- or for that matter, that blind web developers that can hear have come up with to verify their captions work, or d/Deaf web developers have come up with to make sure their keyboard navigation works.

Assistive tech != screen readers. :)

Deborah Kaplan