RE: Conforming to WCAG 2.0 SC 2.4.5 (Multiple Ways) for pdf files

> In a public web site that can be indexed by a search engine this is trivial. In a closed website, there needs to be two different paths to arrive at any page that isn't a step in a process.

So it sounds like SC 2.4.5 can be met by using external search engines - not site embedded search when the page is not part of the process and can be located from a search engine such as Google, yahoo, Bing, etc.  Seems like criteria that should be documented as part of the evaluation.  One issue that concerns me that the search string might be obscure and not obvious to the ordinary user which may make the search unrealistic.

Jonathan