Re: WCAG compliance question

FWIW, I've found that turning off CSS to be helpful when evaluating a website, since it can tell me when positioning is being used correctly, text can be enlarged, images are used instead of text, link phrases are helpful--just a clean view of things and, as Heather mentioned, whether functionality is separate from presentation.

Back in WCAG 1.0 days being able to use a site with CSS turned off was a requirement, which is where I picked up the habit.

Mike