Re: accessibility support for nested h1 in sections?

On 22 January 2016 at 11:03, Chaals McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
wrote:

> So as I read it, "most" browsers are using a nice CSS trick to make
> headings get smaller, but they are not actually providing the semantics and
> therefore presenting the *wrong* information to e.g. accessibility APIs.

yes, and there is a lack of interest from implementers (see open bugs) in
implementing the algorithm as specced to expose the semantics in the acc
layer, but noting the algorithm as specced defined no requirements on
mainstream UA implementers to expose the outline for developers to make use
of.
 I have opened an issue on W3C HTML https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/33
--

Regards