Re: Creating personas for WAI site redesign

On 14/06/2016 17:31, Mike Elledge wrote:
>Personas include demographic information and
> descriptions of behavior. It will be munched together to describe
> several fictitious persons that designers can keep in mind so that their
> needs aren't overlooked.
>
> [...] but you all
> might have at least googled "personas" before taking her to task.

Assuming the "you all" also included me...

Leaving aside the spying/NSA thing (which derailed the original point),
the issue of gender is a valid one, and one that deserves care and
sensitivity (just the same way that I note there's no question about
ethnic background, religion, etc?). In relation to personas, see for
instances
https://medium.com/@indiyoung/describing-personas-af992e3fc527#.ydxwxw1j7

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. The survey's been at least modified away
from a binary male/female, which some people may find
inappropriate/restrictive, which is at least a start, thanks.

Patrick H. Lauke