Re: Text entry box with a single underline...

I've also seen this design pattern recently.  As a customer of Southwest
Airlines, when I click on the search icon (small magnifying glass in top
right corner of www.southwest.com)....the search field that is shown is not
a box...but a yellow underline with a label above, placeholder text and a
search icon button.

I'm under the impression that usability has been conducted on this design
pattern with real humans...and that it has been favorable.

I agree this could be a problem for cognitive users and could be addressed
in the coga extension.

Glenda

glenda sims    |   team a11y lead   |    deque.com    |    512.963.3773

*web for everyone. web on everything.* -  w3 goals