Re: Elderly and self identification as having a disability

Hi Jim.

My masters thesis was focused on elderly users and you can check a lot of
articles from Ginny Redish and a special protocol for usability test
created by Thea Van der Geest. I think that elderly people have some shame
to inform that they have a "inability" or physical problems but there is a
lot of things involved. Some of them on my research and usability test
blame themselves due to not accomplished tasks.

You could read more about my research on this links:
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S187705091503104X

You can see all the references in the end of the article or on ACM website:
http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=2738062&dl=ACM&coll=DL&CFID=619986110&CFTOKEN=81835156#URLTOKEN%23

There is a lot of articles on Redish's website: http://www.redish.net/

And this document about the protocol:
Geest, T. Conducting usability studies with users who are elderly or have
disabilities, *Technical Communication*, v.53, n.1, (2006), 23--31.